We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

We are a family with a young child and will have one day and one night in Managua. We want to find a hotel under $100 that is a less than 15 minute taxi ride to the airport and is in a good beighborhood to explore on foot.

Any recomendations would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

Hola Melirose.

something close to the airport under US$100 is http://hotelhex.com/ is close to Las Maericas mall which you can walk but to touristic sites and things like that is impossible first because is not recommended and the other thing because everything is far from everything, Remember tis is a capital city so you have to be careful where you going there is not nice people walking around this is not Granada, or Leon or San Juan del sur where you can walk around safe everywhere.

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,737 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

I stayed here last year

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294478-d149415…

it is lovely and a safe area though when we walked around all the houses had huge walls around them. You don't really see anything.

It was 80.00 a night plus taxes at the time we stayed.

I had looked at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294478-d266299… as well they get high marks too

3. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 13:05
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

Do you remember how long a drive it is to the airport from villa Maya? We are trying to decide whether to stay there or right next to the airport, we have a plane to catch at noon?

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

Villa Maya is in Las Colinas. Its about a 30 minute drive, depending on traffic and which route you take.

Could take as much as an hour in heavy traffic, or if you know your way through town and there isnt much traffic, you could take the shortcut and make it in as little as 20 minutes.

6. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 20:05
golden, co
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

Hey! Just went through this episode about six hours ago... Seemed like either $150 resort accommodations or cucaracha nightmares... We found a couple of lovely rather inexpensive yet modern and safe places within 15-20 of the airport. Hotel angel azul is $40 a night and just down the street was a place about $15 more with a bit more swag... After walking around we saw maybe 5 or 6 other small scale family run places in this neighborhood that seem very well maintained and inexpensive. About a block or so north of Hotel Barcelo Managua.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

Hi Melrose:

I hope you saw my post before TA deleted it. Not certain why "Where should I stay on my first night in Nicaragua?" would not be a relevant post and don't believe it breaks any posting guidelines.

But anywho...I learned about some places in Managua I hadn't heard before, and appreciate the info sharing in the comments. Hope it was of value to you.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde

9. Re: hotel in good neighborhood close to airport?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Managua