We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Managua Airport - Any baggage storage?

Tonyc32
Level Contributor
50 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Managua Airport - Any baggage storage?

We are going to Corn island via Managua airport. La Costena have a checked weight limit of 13.6 Kilo on their flights.

We'd like to rent a locker at the airport to leave heavy items and bring our bag weight down (there are four of us all over 13.6kg so would save a lot to dump eight).

Anyone know if they have this service?

Thanks

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Managua Airport - Any baggage storage?

Greetings Tonyc32:

Most visitors stay overnight that first night in Managua and end up going out on the next day's morning flight. That first night's hotel should be able to store your excess baggage for you.

But, if you're in the happy situation where your flight comes in early enough to avoid having to stay in the capital (which isn't that bad btw...) to my knowledge, there is no baggage storage at MGA.

You might try checking with the hotel across the street from the airport and see what they might have to say about possibly storing your bags.

But if you end up having to book a room on your first and/or last night, ...without getting too specific, check the TA reviews and don't forget the category "Specialty Lodging." :)

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Managua Airport - Any baggage storage?

Hello!!

I am having the same problem to find some place to storage my luggage while I am in Corn Island. What was the solution that you find?

Thank you.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Managua Airport - Any baggage storage?

Greetings sgomes_13:

The OP never told us how he resolved the issue of where to store extra baggage, but again, usually visitors need to stay overnight in or near Managua and that previous nights' hotel should be able to store your extra stuff for you. I do it for guests for free. Some hotels might charge you for the service.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

4. Re: Managua Airport - Any baggage storage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:33