We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation and La Costena Airlines

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
transportation and La Costena Airlines

Double question here fellow travelers;

I am landing in Managua on 12/6/13 at 7:00 PM.

I am planning on staying at either the Camino Real or the Best Western for the night and the next day I am taking the early flight out to the Corn Islands. (I believe it is a 6:15 AM flight).

My questions are this:

The hotel offers transportation starting at 5:00 AM.

Is this enough time to check in for my flight to the Corn Islands or should I secure a taxi? If I need to secure a taxi, does anybody have any recommendations?

Second, I have e-mailed La Costena Airlines to see if they allow you to check in 24 hours before the flight via computer.

No response yet though.

Does anybody out there know their policy pertaining to check in?

Do they still have to issue paper tickets?

Thanks,

Jeff Keller

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

Hi Fortworthjeffie.

The hotel offers transportation starting at 5:00 AM? Yes they do. either one or the other. the shuttle only takes from Camino Real 2 minutes and from Best western is in front of the airport, it will take you more time to get in the shuttle than the ride. but if you want to be a bit earlier talk to the front desk from Best western and tell them that one of the security or a clerk walk with you to la Costeña Desk.

About check in online the day before they still does not do it. but soon they will as they are starting to get part of taca regional.

ckeck in, the latest will be and hour before the flight.

Byron

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

I have made my reservations at Camino Real (a couple blocks down the road).

Have you flown La Costena Airlines to the Corn Islands?

I was in Nicaragua in 2009. In fact I was there in your city on Christmas day and at church.

Anyway, I have e-mailed La Costena to ask about their check in policy.

When I get back on 12/11/13 I was thinking of going to Leon?

Have you been there before and is worth spending a night there?

Jeff Keller

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

Yes i have used la costeña many times before but at that time in the morning is very few people so take the first shuttle service or and wait outside of their check in office.

Leon is a fantastic city with a lot of character you wont regret it you visit it.

Alberta
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

My husband and 2 sons just did the overnight at Camino real and caught the first shuttle to La Costena Airlines, just jump in line as soon as you get there, and send someone to the little wicket for tickets. Just read above the check in, one is to Corn islands and the other line is for Bluefields. Also at Camino, be ready for the shuttle 10 minutes early as the hotel puts out some complimentary coffee and baking for the early risers.

We loved the flight and the stay at Corn islands, enjoy. I agree with the other traveller about Leon, I love the energy and friendliness, have been back a few times now.

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

Travelling solo but I figure staying at the Camino Real and it being a 5 minute ride to the airport I don't think it will be to crowded.

Was your flight?

Was check in disorganized?

It's just me and a carry on.

Question; did you see postcards available anywhere?

chicago
Level Contributor
8,503 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

Curler- did you go to little corn? If so how was the panga?

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

no, I don't go until the 12/7/13

Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

I am traveling in February from Managua to San Carlos on LA costena, flight at noon. I have read they frequently overbook? Does anyone know if this is true? How early do I need to arrive to be sure I get a seat? Can I check in at the airport the day before and get my ticket

? I will be arriving from the states the day before.

9. Re: transportation and La Costena Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Managua