We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
570 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

I just went on the Tica Bus website and couldn't seem to find a route from Managua to Leon. Does this route not exist? Any suggestions on a different way of getting there? Private driver? Shuttle? Different bus company? Any advice on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

i guess you will be arriving at the tica bus station and moving to Leon if this is the case get in touch with nicashuttle.com to take you to Leon City.

Byron

Bx
Level Contributor
233 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

The is a bus station at the University. The buses to Leon are frequent. every 10 minutes

Just get a cab and say "terminal de bus a leon, Universidad"

Tica Bus is international travel, not between cities.

PS Trans Nica is a closer option to connection to leon.

http://www.thebusschedule.com/ni/index.php

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

Tica bus is an international company that moves between countries. It goes from Managua to San Jose, Costa Rica, or Managua to Tegucigalpa. or Managua to San Salvador, etc.

You can ask the bus driver to let you off earlier, but you always pay the full fare of the trip, regardless of how short you ride the bus. a relatively tiny trip like managua to leon, would be a little pointless to pay a full fare to another country just to get off after an hour or two. Im not even sure if the routes pass through leon or if they take a different route.

If you want cheap, you can go to the Mercado Israel in Managua and get on a bus to Leon. It will cost you a buck to get there. Or you can take an express mini bus from the UCA (pronounced ooh-ka) station for a couple dollars.

An alternative, if you dont want to take a bus, is to taxi it, which will cost you maybe 40+ dollars.

As another alternative if you want more luxury travel, there are any number of private transport companies that will drive you. Just google nicaragua private transportation

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
214 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

How far is it from the airport to the UCA station? I suppose that if you get a taxi at the airport and ask for UCA they will know how to get there?

It is possible that instead of going from the airport to Leon I will be spending a day in Managua and then going from there to Leon. If I am staying at Hotel Los Robles or another hotel in that neighborhood, what's the best option for getting to Leon, for a combination of convenience and cost? Is it to take a cab to the UCA station?

Thank you.

5. Re: Tica Bus from Managua to Leon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:19