We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
Earthquake

Can anyone who is in Managua tell me how things are after the recent earthquakes? I am meant to be travelling to Managua on Saturday, but am becoming increasingly nervous after reading news articles saying that there may be another big quake coming. I'm wondering if this is dramatic journalism, or a genuine risk.

Have things like power/roads etc been impacted?

Managua, Nicaragua
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Earthquake

everything is fine :). is just that seismic activity has been continuous for the past few days. managua infra structure has improved enormously since the last lethal earthquake in 72 which basically detroyed the city. no need to panic, there are other countries that you need to be worried like Chile, Japan, south east asia area.

At the moment, managua is on a "red alert" status. But no major issues has been reported, and so far despite the earthquake that we suffered on Thursday 4/10 by 6.2 on Richter scale, i haven't seen no casualties reported nationwide, at least no that i know off.

hope this helps.

2. Re: Earthquake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Managua