We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama and Lima

Shenzhen
4 posts
Save Topic
Panama and Lima

I live in Australia and I'm planning to visit Panama and Lima next month ..

One option for me is to make it to Los Angeles then onto Panama, Lima and back ..

I tried to figure it out with Copa but unfortunately their website is quite vague about stopovers, and their reservation email support seems to be monopolised by a very unprofessional guy called "Itzy" who is not very kind to deal with by email ..

Can anyone suggest an alternative to Copa .. or even an actual alternative email address to contact some normal, "human", considerate people at Copa ?

Cheers

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama and Lima

Don't give up on COPA. I think it's the best alternative for Latinamerican travel. COPA's hub is Panama city, so if you're flying from LAX, you have to stop in Panama to go to Lima, so it would work perfect for you. To stay in Panama for a few days I think it'll be better to speak to a representative. I see the rate LAX-PTY-LIMA roundtrip at about $650 (pretty good), it may be more since you have to stay a few days in Panama. Try these phones:

Australia: 9959 3922

USA: 1-800-fly-COPA

I agree their website is ridiculous, not functional, but it's a good airline.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama and Lima

That office is in Sydney, just in case a city code is missing.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama and Lima

Get on Expedia, click on multiple destinations, there I found on COPA, leaving on 10/10 from LAX to Panama, staying 7 days, leaving on 10/17 to Lima, returning on 10/24 to LAX via Panama, all for $793. Pretty good price. I don't know if the dates are OK, but you should be able to find something similar. I hope it helps. Just know that the LAX-Panama flights are "red eye". This the only non-stop from LAX to Panama.

Shenzhen
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama and Lima

Thank you Tupapi,

Your advice is meticulous and truly informative .. I wish the CEO of COPA can read it .. he may consider giving you a contract to train his reservation staff in PR .. lol :)

I have tried the Sydney number already .. they are a travel agency acting as GSA for COPA (and doubtless many other airlines too !!) .. they didn't seem interested in my enquiry at all and just directed me to the COPA website ..

Expedia is definitely an option and I'll also check out Kayak.com and Cheaptickets.com ..

I may also telephone the American number and speak with someone from COPA .. see what they say ..

by the way, I'm just curious as to how you got the $650 LAX-PTY-LIM round trip ? .. was that on the COPA website ? ..

Once more, thanks a million Tupapi and I'll post back once I resolve this issue ..

Cheers :)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama and Lima

Yes, the $650 (aprox) was through the COPA website, but it doesn't have the option of staying in Panama for a few days, maybe I'm just not doing it right. Expedia allows you to do it easily, with multiple destinations.

6. Re: Panama and Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 02:16