We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Panama

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Panama

Hello!

I would love to take my family to celebrate Christmas in PANAMA next year! I just had spine surgery and this year's will be miserable. I want to make up for it big-time next year!!!!

What are we looking for? FESTIVITY!! I want lights - lots of them - and fireworks! My husband is a sucker for the beach, and won't want to go much anywhere else - but we can make a few road trips.

1) Is it true they do fireworks on Christmas Eve?? Where is the best place for fireworks? Panama City? Anywhere on the beach (Pacific coast only)?

2) Are there any parades/carnivals for Christmas?

3) Is there a festive mass for Christmas? Is there any live nativity anywhere?

4) Where is the best place for light displays?

The thought of being WARM and seeing the pretty lights/displays is too exciting! THANK YOU.

1. Re: Christmas in Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2007, 14:26
Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Panama

Will try again without angering the TA Gods...

Here's some answers to your questions:

1) Is it true they do fireworks on Christmas Eve?? Where is the best place for fireworks? Panama City? Anywhere on the beach (Pacific coast only)?

Yes, Christmas Eve can be bigger than New Year's and you will see them going off all over the city both nights. The city is definitely the place to be - a high rooftop terrace is best. The beaches won't have too much in the way of fireworks except maybe localized stuff at the all-inclusives.

2) Are there any parades/carnivals for Christmas?

There is usually a big Christmas parade about 2 weekends before Christmas on the Sunday afternoon that goes through the center of Panama City - can be quite impressive - some years are better than others.

3) Is there a festive mass for Christmas? Is there any live nativity anywhere?

Most of the big churches will have Christmas Eve mass - some have a midnght service - the majority will be in Spanish but there are a couple of churches that offer English services.

4) Where is the best place for light displays?

Panama City really dresses up for the holidays - especially the banking district where you find some really impressive displays - nativities and lights etc.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Panama

Thank you so much. That really did help!

Does anyone have an idea of a great place to stay in Panama City to see the fireworks - like he described?

Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Panama

The Christmas parade took place yesterday.

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Panama

Hi - I was asking about the Christmas Eve fireworks. Also, we're planning our trip for the 2008 Christmas.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Panama

It all depends on where they are set off from. There is no one great place to see them from.

Top floors of the main hotels but it will depend on what side you are facing, maybe from the Amador causeway where you have an unrestricted view of the city would be a decent choice. You could sit in one of the restaurants that faces the city.

Cheers,

Andrew

7. Re: Christmas in Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 16:16