We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portobello Snorkeling?

Central Texas
7 posts
Save Topic
Portobello Snorkeling?

Where is a good place to go snorkeling near Portobello?

We're flying out to Contadora to do some snorkeling there and will be driven out to Portobello for the sights and such. Most of our group will only be doing the sights. My Dad and I are looking for some more snorkeling. Any reccomendations?

Should we head to Isla Grande for snorkeling? Is there somewhere else that is good?

This will be a day trip from PC for us and we'll be going around 16 June.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portobello Snorkeling?

You don't have to head all the way to Isla Grande - there is some decent snorkeling around the islands and along the coast near to Portobelo - you need to hire a boat to get to any of these places and you can find small boats (lanchas) in Portbelo - takes about 20 mins to 1/2 hour or so to get out to the snorkeling areas. Do you have your own snorkel gear - as these guys won't have any... unless you coordinate with either Scuba Panama or Panama Divers to take you out from Portobelo - both have operations nearby - but it would probably be more expensive with them - probably safer though.

Cheers,

Andrew

Central Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Portobello Snorkeling?

Thanks for the reply! I've checked the websites of the company you reccomended but they don't have much on there. I just e-mail both companies to get more info so we'll see what turns up.

Oh and I don't have snorkeling equipment so we'd have to go with a place that rents it out.

3. Re: Portobello Snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:20