We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Contadora day trip??

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Contadora day trip??

I'll be in Panama next February and I'm looking at options for a good beach/snorkeling day trip. Is it realistic to do Isla Contadora for a day? Even if I went to the island the previous evening/late afternoon? Or is Isla Taboga a more practical day trip option? Thanks,

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Contadora day trip??

You would have more options at Contadora over Taboga... You can fly there at 8:45am and return at 5:35pm - might be better to go the afternoon before and you could have a pretty full day.

Cheers,

Andrew

GA/USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Contadora day trip??

In theory, a Contadora day trip sounds great, but last time we went our morning flight was delayed for 2 hours. That's a lot of time if you only plan to stay for the day. Contadora wins the trophy if you are looking for a beautiful place and money is no object. Taboga wins for accessibility and cost. Do both if you can. They are very, very different!

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Contadora day trip??

Thanks. Given the choice between the two locations, I'd prefer to check out Isla Contadora. Its primarily the practicality of a day trip that I was curious about.

4. Re: Isla Contadora day trip??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 05:16