We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

72 days in central america - what to do?!

England
4 posts
Save Topic
72 days in central america - what to do?!

Hi,

I've never been travelling before, and a couple of weeks ago I decided to hand in my notice and get ready to take myself off somewhere. Central America was my choice, and my flight heads off on 16th Sept.

I arrive in Panama on 18th, and my plan is to work my way up to Mexico with some friends, visiting every country along the way.

This gives us less than ten days in each country. We're going to be on a real tight budget, so cheap cheap is the way forward.

Just wondered if anyone could give me some idea of which places I just can't miss, because I'm scared of missing out the best bits and I want to make sure i'm as prepared as possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Claire

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 72 days in central america - what to do?!

Get the "bible" of cheap travel - Lonely Planet's Central America on a Shoestring, plus any other guides that you can find about Central America...

You will then be able to plan your route - pick out the parts that are of interest to you and then come back here for more precise information as it's impossible to tell you what to see when you don't give any indication of what you like to see and do...

With only 10 days in each country you will definitely miss out on some things - you will spend a lot of time just traveling - distances don't look great but travel times are longer than you think.

You will find you want to spend more time in some countries and less in others but without researching the guide books you won't be able to determine this.

Cheers,

Andrew

2. Re: 72 days in central america - what to do?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 06:17