We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best nightlife beach town close to panama city??

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best nightlife beach town close to panama city??

Im going to Panama City for a few days in Jan. with a buddy of mine. We want to spend a night or two in a beach town. I know these places are not jumping with nightlife, but we are looking for the town with the most action. These are the towns I found Punta Chame, Gorgona, Coronado, Rio Mar, Santa Clara and Playa Blanca.

Thanks!

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best nightlife beach town close to panama city??

Go to the disco/club at Deacameron, you don't have to stay there to get in.

There is not much nightlife in the small towns, there are local hangouts where a lot of beer is consumed but not sure I would call it nightlife.

Relax at the beach and party in Panama City.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best nightlife beach town close to panama city??

And the small towns, are really just a couple of fondas and local bars and markets. Not really "towns" as you know them. Decameron is your best bet, but you would want to stay nearby if you plan on drinking - avoid the Panamerican Highway at night.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best nightlife beach town close to panama city??

I guess out of those you might find stuff happening between Coronado, San Carlos and Santa Clara but not a whole heck of a lot. As above the disco at Decameron.

Chame there's really nothing there other than the windsurf camp and Gorgona only has a local hangout in the middle of town - was owned and run by an American, not sure if he's still there - he was having some special weekends last year.

Cheers,

Andrew

4. Re: Best nightlife beach town close to panama city??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 07:20