We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

My family is spending 8 days in Panama in the spring (Our son is 13). We are flying in and out of Panama City. After reading the forums driving seems pretty safe outside of the city so we are up for driving.

I would like to stay in two places at most. One by a beach and maybe one inland? What is not to be missed?

Are there any nice calm beaches close to PC? Like a 4 hour drive? We are middle of the road travelers no all inclusive hotels.

We like peace and quiet, not into the city thing. Love to do things like white water rafting, wildlife (reptiles), snorkeling but we also want to relax.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

Do a search back - within the past couple of weeks there's been some similar posts and some itinerary suggestions made - I just haven't had time to make them into permanent itineraries yet...

Look at Boquete and Las Lajas or Boca Brava as two good options...

Cheers,

Andrew

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

The newest Moon Guide from your local bookstore is another great source on Panama - lots of ideas there.

3. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:42
NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

How long would it take to drive to Boquete?

NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

Oh Thank you for the link to the pictures. I am a professional photographer so I LOVE to look at pictures. My speciality is wedding photography but my camera goes every where with me.

U.P. Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

8 days is what I spent in Panama & did exactly as you are looking to do: beach & inland. My friend & I loved El Valle for our inland, mountain town. They have a wonderful zoo with all sorts of interesting & interactive critters, nice craft market & the food & people were great. Now, we went to Isla Contadora for beach (flew) but there is also a boat. If you don't want to go there, there is a beach just south of El Valle that I have heard people say nice things about. (San Carlos?? - it's been awhile). This would keep your driving to a minimum & allow more time for actual sight seeing.

Have fun on your trip! Panama is a wonderful place!

7. Re: 8 Full Days in Panama - Advice Needed on what to do, where

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 04:18