We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental at Gamboa

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental at Gamboa

Has anyone rented a car at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort? I've been told there is a rental car desk at the resort. I'm wondering about rates and if the agency is an international car rental company I could contact. Thanks,

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental at Gamboa

Why would you want to rent a car at Gamboa? It is out of the city near the Gatun Lake above the Miraflores Locks. There is not much around the resort.

Both airports, Tocumen and Albrook have car rental desks in the terminals.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental at Gamboa

I'm staying at the resort for a week, and my transportation to and from the airport is covered. I'm considering renting a car for a day or two and doing a few day trips on my own. I don't want to go all the way to the City to rent a car. I'm trying to compare with the cost of organized tours.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental at Gamboa

Suggest contacting the resort directly - if they do have an arrangement it will be with one of the major companies - I have an idea I saw a National sign when I was there the last time but that was months ago... Rates should be the same as if you rented in town - and actually cheaper than renting from the airport as there is a surcharge there...

Cheers,

Andrew

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental at Gamboa

Thanks for your help. I've tried emailing the resort, but got no response. I'm guessing I'll have to give them a call.

5. Re: Car Rental at Gamboa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:21