We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches for swimming and snorkeling in January?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Best beaches for swimming and snorkeling in January?

I will be traveling to Panama in January and would like to know what the best beaches are for snorkeling and swimming during this time of year. Would it be Bocas, San Blas, or pacific coast?

Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches for swimming and snorkeling in January?

Hi!

I wouldn't suggest the Pacific coast outside of the city (Coronado, Santa Clara, Playa Blanca, Chame, or San Carlos). The water close to the beaches is cloudy/murkey and there isn't tropical fish that you would find around the Caribbean islands (Bonaire, BVI, Cuba, etc.).

There are islands on the Pacific side (Contadora, etc.) that would have better snorkeling.

I have also been to Bocas and there wasn't snorkeling there either and I was surprised being it was on the Caribbean.

I am not familiar with the San Blas for snorkeling.

I hope this helps and eliminates a couple of your choices. I am sure you will hear from others on where the best snorkeling is in PANAMA.

Mary

www.whypanama.com

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches for swimming and snorkeling in January?

There is snorkeling in Bocas for sure. It is not world class but it has some fun stuff. Maybe when you went the visibility was down. It all depends on what is happening in the mountains. I have snorkeled they dozens of times and seen some incredible things.

3. Re: Best beaches for swimming and snorkeling in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 05:19