We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Sirenas

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
La Sirenas

Hello - This is where we want to stay when we go to Santa Clara. We haven't ever heard back from them, unfortunately, though - I've written a lot this month and a lot through the past years and have never heard back. Is it just walk-up only, pretty much??? Is it a place that would possibly have openings on a M, Tu? Since we can't email with them, if we get there and it's full ---- where too next? Where would you head next?? THANKS!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Sirenas

You have tried thru their website to contact them, I assume?. I love LaSirenas - click on my profile "LN" to read my review. It has become, however, exceedingly more expensive in recent years. I would say you could take a chance and walk up M or Tues.; as long as it is not holiday times for Panamanians. Why don't you call them up? But then, I guess, you will need Spanish for that. In the past, my e-mails have been answered promptly and arrangements were made via e-mail and then they called me (per arrangements) to pay for part of the stay prior to arrival.

Perhaps they haven't answered because it is holidays now for Panamanians; and perhaps they were just busy this month because of this and Carnaval. Everyone comes to the beaches out this way during February - the dry season-very very busy here.

It is a wonderfully clean place to stay, fully furnished kitchens, etc.; bring your own bath soap and shampoo. We like the villas on the hill (the end one specifically) for the vistas and then walk down to the beach. Try again end of month to contact them - you may have better luck. Wait til next week and have someone you know who speaks Spanish to call and get this going for you. Good luck.

From the website:

Contact us at:

info@lasirenas.com

Santa Clara Office (Spanish only) :

(507) 993-3235

(507) 6671-7888

(507) 6550-2500

For help in English, please contact us via email:

info@lasirenas.com

Current Rates

1 Bedroom

$130 / night + 10% tax.

4 guests.

2 Bedrooms

$180 /night + 10% tax.

6 guests.

se
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Sirenas

Thanks! I've been trying to talk with them in English since '08. Haven't heard, but it is so pretty!! It's actually 2/22 and 2/23 we'll be there, so we're getting in trouble! That place is the main reason I want to go to Panama. I don't know what we'll do if it's full. No plan b.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Sirenas

Be advised, the caretaker, nor the workers speak ANY English. You need to brush up on basic Spanish for your trip.

Alternate plans - Las Verenas down the beach (though the food is marginal to say the least and not as nice, but a place to stay) an dis right on the beach and also XS in Santa Clara down the highway- clean, English speaking couple own it; best hamburger around, and hand cut french fries. They have a pool also and camping along with the motel rooms. You would have to drive 3 min. to the beach there, it is a Plan B.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Sirenas

On a weekday I can't see you having any problem rocking up to Las Sirenas and getting a room. They only seem to get full on the weekends.

Weekends is two night minimum but during the week they will allow one night stays.

Cheers,

Andrew

5. Re: La Sirenas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 05:17