We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canal partial or full transit?

Red Deer alberta...
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
canal partial or full transit?

I am booking a cruise through the panama canal and was wondering if I will be missing out if I book the cruise that only does the partial transit of the locks. Fort lauderdale to ft Lauderdale?

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canal partial or full transit?

You might get a better idea from people on Cruise Critic...

I always recommend the Partial Transit for folks visiting Panama City but that's a lot different from being on a cruise ship and doing a full transit.

Be sure you have a good shore stay so you can see some of Panama.

Cheers,

Andrew

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canal partial or full transit?

Just out of curiosity, what does the cruise ship do, enter the Panama Canal and come half way and turn around? or do you disembark and take a partial transit tour on a tour boat. You are booking a "cruise through the Panama Canal" but there is choice of a partial transit. I can't get my head around that. I do know that a full Canal Transit on a cruise ship takes a very long time (It is one way traffic for 12 hours at a time). It can be very hot and unpleasant, and many people head inside for air conditioned comfort.

3. Re: canal partial or full transit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 05:17