We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather for Panama in JULY~

Manchester,CT.
Level Contributor
102 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Weather for Panama in JULY~

We are leaving June 30 for a month in Panama. Wondering if it will be sunny or rainy. I read that April- December is "the rainy season", but would like to know from someone that has been there in July already. We are staying on the Pacific side, about 1 hour from the airport.

Thanks for an answer soon. I want to book the flights. We found a place to stay already.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

One hour from the airport? Where is that you are staying?

Weather is HOT and dry on the Pacific - but I am two hours out of PC.

The closer to PC you are, you may have rain.

Beaches, you will pray for clouds it is so hot with no rain or a crazy 5 min. rainfall.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

Will it be rainy or sunny in July? Yes

As for which more or less rainy, it's a matter of whether you're an hour from Panama, it's a matter of where you're an hour from Panama. Typically, the mountain locations, like Sorá and El Valle, have more rain than the beach, like Coronado.

Usually, the rain comes in the afternoon and at night. You can watch the clouds build up during the morning and early afternoon. Then, sometime between 1:00 and 4:00, a very heavy rainstorm will hit for 10 to 20 minutes. Then, it's over. Until the next one.

Manchester,CT.
Level Contributor
102 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

Thank you for a very speedy reply, WOW! We will be near the beach, so glad to hear the weather there is still mostly sunny. Sounds just like Jamaica with a 20 minute downpour everyday when it is super hot. Here is the link of where I am staying. Still deciding between the two listed here.

www.panamabeachhomesforsale.com/el_tucan

OR.......

panamabeachhomesforsale.com/costa_grande_12

Both are for sale, but I also found an inland 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom HUGE home for only $100,000.00US to consider.

Super big thanks for your expertise on this. Enjoy this journey called life.

Sista Levi/Kristine in Connecticut - USA

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

Well just so you know, Coronado / Gorgona is more than one hour from the airport and the city. On a good day making the bridge (we have one bridge out at this time until probably October) with no problems and no breakdowns on the only two lane highway going out of the city, and without speeding you can make these areas in about 1-1/2 hours. But we go to the city twice a week and it has been taking us a good 2 hours each way because of all the traffic snarls with only one bridge.

This is a dry arrid area. I personally don't like Gorgona, and the property you gave the link for is a small area with two little houses in close proximity to each other and are very small homes. Depending on whether they are rented by the week, weekend, you might end up with very very loud neighbors partying all night coming from the city for the weekend. The price reflects that Gorgona homes are much less expansive than Coronado's.....lots to say on that subject.....too long for a forum reply. Busloads also come to Gorgona's beaches on the weekends, forget going then!

Coronado's prices are out of sight. That is definitely an older home that you have linked to there. I don't like the dark older homes here, but there is much to pick from here. You aren't going to try to buy either sight unseen and without even visiting here, correct? Coronado's beaches are private.

You must come and stay to see if Panama is even for you.....Many ex-pats who come here thinking it is going to be like the states are very unhappy once they move here.

It is not as dangerous as Jamaica here, for sure, but we do have our run-down areas, for sure.

I would be glad to meet you for lunch and share more with you. I know of a wonderful little house in Gorgona area that is a steal as the owners are getting divorced and one of them has already returned to the states. It has been all modernized, nice pool and bohio.

You, also, will find deals better when you come and stay awhile to check things out and I would suggest that you do this. Plus don't be thinkin' the locals will speak English here, because they dont.

Edited: 13 March 2011, 19:17
Manchester,CT.
Level Contributor
102 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

WOW, thanks so much for this information. We will not even consider the smaller Gordona spot. We want QUIET. Do you think the other place stinks too? (haha) The lady, Kathy said it is VERY PRIVATE (El Tucan) and for a month, the price is decent.

Did you ever hear of Chame? I found it on a realty website. It is 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with my huge dream kitchen and a great pool with a hot-tub. It is $100,000.00US unfurnished. We would like furnished, if the furniture and mattresses are in great condition. Not a deal breaker though.

I would love to meet for lunch, and if the home your friend is selling, has at least 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.....very interested. Any idea of the price-tag?

Of course we would not buy anything unless we fall in love with Panama. I would never purchase a home, 'sight unseen". I have been researching the last 5 days, and after going and living in Jamaica, they are alot alike minus the crime. Crime is everywhere, but you do not get as much for your money in Jamaica, and you have to have bars on the windows and verandah due to heavy crime. Padlocks are normal, as our many dogs for safety.

I am so grateful for your expertise on not just the weather but the locations.

Off to email back that Gordona is off the list. Talk again soon, I hope~

Manchester,CT.
Level Contributor
102 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

Yo, I spoke with the rental lady. She said Gorgona is NOT busy or crowded not even on the weekends. She is kind of angry right now....I am backing off on the rental.

You cannot say anything, people just blow up and make the experience terrible.

Maybe there is another place to rent from, with less of a temper~

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

OMG, aren't you glad you didn't book then? Holey Moley, Gorgona is ONE big party on weekends......Yes, you will find another, and you have alot of time, and JUNE is not a busy time......so take your time, don't think you have to be in a big hurry to book immediately. I will also keep my eyes open for rentals for you.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

If you're still looking, you might want to consider locations in the mountains, near the beaches. My wife and I have property above Chame/Bejuco, on the way to Altos del Maria. When it's 90+ degrees at our friend's home in Coronado, It's in the comfortable 80s just 15 - 20 minutes away.

Altos del Maria is another possibility. It's an expat community in the mountains above Chame and Coronado, about 30 minutes from the beach. From time to time, I've noticed homes for rent in Altos. Many of the lots have nice views of the mountains and the Pacific. And the temperatures are in the upper 70s to mid-80s.

Further west, about 2 hours from the city and 30 to 40 minutes from Coronado, is El Valle (El Valle de Anton). It's a little more touristy, and it does rain there more often, but it's a very beautiful area and not too far from beaches or the city.

9. Re: Weather for Panama in JULY~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 00:15