We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July or August does it matter for rain and bugs

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
July or August does it matter for rain and bugs

We are set on a Panama trip next summer. Because we have kids in school we must travel in July or August. Is one likely to be less rainy and less buggy? We will probably split our time between the Caribbean and Pacific sides of the country so let me know if that matters.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: July or August does it matter for rain and bugs

Short answer - NO. This is the tropics and trying to guess what the weather will be and when/where the bugs will be holding their convention is impossible. Book the most convenient flight you can get at the best price (either month) and come on down.

Enjoy Panama.

Steve www.panamanotes.com

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July or August does it matter for rain and bugs

Sorry, but I do find July and August to be "buggier" and rainier here in the dry arc of Panama - Coronado, San Carlos area. When it rains, there are more mossies, for sure. It depends on whether or not the bugs love you, too; AND they love love love me!

Steve, you probably don't even see mossies in the city, lucky you.

3. Re: July or August does it matter for rain and bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 01:20