We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Costa Rica

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Costa Rica

Hi,

I'll be visiting Panama for the first time this Dec. I'll be going to Costa Rica first so I was wondering what's the best (efficient and affordable) way to get to Panama. I've read about buses which take 1/2 a day and I don't mind, but I would prefer if these buses were overnight. I've also read about Naturair and the prices seem okay, but I would like to know what other options I have. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Costa Rica

Overnight on the bus is not a problem - just depends on where in Costa Rica you are coming from and what your destination is in Panama. If you want/need to depart San José arrive Panama City - be advised that's a loooooong bus ride.

This link might help - http://thebusschedule.com/

Good luck.

Steve www.panamanotes.com

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Costa Rica

Where do you want to go in Costa Rica and Panama? It will make a difference on how you will travel. If you don't know yet, a really easy CR- Panama combo is Puerto Viejo and Bocas Del Toro.

3. Re: Traveling from Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:18