We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Panama Reservations

Daufuskie Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Air Panama Reservations

Does anyone have a US tele # for Air Panama?

If not, how about an e-mail address?

Their website seldom is available.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Try Aeroperlas, instead. Air Panama flies the same places ,just 5 minutes behind Aeroperlas's schedule. Check Aeroperlas's website. It actually works, most of the time.

Here's what's good about Air Panama. Both have the same fees and both honor each other's vouchers. If you see that your flight is delayed, go to the Air Panama counter and see if there are seats available on the flight to wherever you're going at the same time. If there are, go back to the Aeroperlas counter and ask for a voucher to transfer to Air Panama. Take your voucher back to the Air Panama counter and now, you're set! Unless Air Panama suddenly runs into problems. Fortunately, it works either way for either airline.

Daufuskie Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Appreciate the reply but I can only find Air Panama directly from David, Panama to San Jose. Everyone else goes through Panama City at about 4x thecost.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Panama Reservations

You'll have to call the number in Panama. Neither airline has a U.S. number, and Air Panama typically doesn't respond to emails.

Daufuskie Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Do you know of anyy agencies that can book on Air Panama for me?

Denver
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Panama Reservations

We flew Air Panama, I booked on-line and it was in english

Only bad thing was we were delayed by 3 hours flying to Bocas (ended up being 4) and that airport has nothing but a coffee shop

Coming back from Bocas it was supposed to be a direct quick flight, ended up stopping somewhere to pick people up so took alot longer to get back to PC

Riverside...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Im going to Panama for an internship for two months and booked a flight on Air Panama to David from Panama City. I noticed on my eticket that it said I can only have 25 pounds of luggage..... Im going to have more than that. I tried calling the numbers on the website to ask questions but they do not answer them. Did you have any luggage weight regulations? Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Don't worry about the 25lb max. If you go over that you pay about $0.50 charge per lb and if you have like a whole lot over a few lbs I suggest that you ship it by the bus cargo carriers located near the airport or Fletes Chavels another commercial cargo carrier.

The point is relax. Hope that this post is helpful for you.

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Don't worry about the 25lb max. If you go over that you pay about $0.50 charge per lb and if you have like a whole lot over a few lbs I suggest that you ship it by the bus cargo carriers located near the airport or Fletes Chavels another commercial cargo carrier.

The point is relax. Hope that this post is helpful for you.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Panama Reservations

Extra weight charge is now .90 per pound. I have a contact in Panama who can get you tickets on air panama if you still need them

Denver
Level Contributor
243 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Panama Reservations

We didn't get charged and our bags were about 35 pounds