We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Obaldia to Colon

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Obaldia to Colon

What is the best way of getting through from Puerto Obaldia to Colon? (but not by plane)

Is Colon as dangerous as people say?

Please, advise me.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Obaldia to Colon

I have no idea how to get from Puerto Obaldia to Colon. There are small cargo boats that go along the coast, perhaps that's an option. How would you get to Puerto Obaldia to begin with? And why?

As for Colon, I don't think the U.S. State Department and the British Foreign Service would warn travelers to avoid Colon if it was safe. According to one Panamanian newspaper, it still has the highest violent crime rate in Panama. But, if you're in one of the better hotels or on the outskirts of Colon, it's reasonably safe.

Edited: 03 June 2012, 19:08
2. Re: Puerto Obaldia to Colon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:15