We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

I just booked a flight on the air panama website an hour ago from Albrook to Bocas del Toro and my credit card was charged.

But I didn't get an email confirmation or anything from them. Should I be worried? Do I just show up at the airport? Help! =(

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

That happens. It happened to a friend a few months ago when we were booking tickets to Bocas at the same time. I got the confirmation email, and he didn't. He sent emails to the addresses on the "contact us" page and didn't get any responses. On top of that, he couldn't get anyone to answer the phone when he tried calling them.

So, he figured out the format for their email addresses; first initial and last name. And, he sent an email to the exec VP (Officers are listed on the "management" page of the website.) Within 24 hours he received 3 different emails confirming his reservation.

But, the point is, if your card was charged, you have the reservation. I wouldn't worry about it.

Since Aeroperlas pulled out of Panama in February, Air Panama has had a big challenge keeping up with demand, particularly in reservations and non-operations areas. But, I was very impressed with what they've done on the operations side -- improving the facilities at Gelebert, flights mostly on time, very good service at the airports -- in spite of the expanded schedules.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

Yes, you are fine. If you got charged, you have a seat. When you get to Albrook (and tell your taxi it is AIRPORT, not bus station!!), show your passport, and they look up reservations by name. I brought my paperwork in case they needed it, but they didn't ask for it. They have a relaxed system, but it works.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

Thank you so much for your replies.

Gb_williams, I have done what your friend did. I emailed all of the reps listed on the Air Panama website. I hope to hear from them soon!

I am just the type of person who needs to have their tangible copies at hand when arriving the airport:)

San Francisco...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

I've been trying to book a flight on Air Panama and can't get the website to work. When I email the reservations no one replies and when I call, all I get is a busy signal? Any suggestions?

Longmont, Colorado
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

Not sure if the problems have been resolved, but seem be. We just booked our Albrook - Bocas flight now and it all worked fine and we received the confirmation email.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
19,635 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

It may depend on the dates - people report that often in only works for a short period ahead.

New York
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

Can anyone create a profile on Air Panama's website? We're trying to book a flight from Albrook to Boca de Toros, and I keep getting an error that not all fields have been filled out, when that have. Thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

I was charged for flights and didn't receive tickets.. so I wouldn't count on that

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

Last week I failed repeatedly in my attempts to register online in order to purchase tickets at flyairpanama.com, with no explanation of what was amiss. Finally, on a hunch, I used a simpler password, and presto, everything worked perfectly.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked a flight with air panama, no confirmation email?

Dopn't forget, you can also ask your B & B, hotel to arrange the flights for you. Many do this as part of their service. I have always stayed at La Estancia B& B in the city and they have booked my tickets on Air Panama for me- you can arrange this prior to your travel to Panama.