We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please comment on itinerary

NY
Level Contributor
774 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Please comment on itinerary

I have come up with a possible itinerary for Panama.

Day 1 - Arrive, transfer to Gamboa Rainforest Resort for 4 nights

Day 2 - Tours from Gamboa Resort such as aerial tram and night tour

Day 3 - Las Chagres National Park tour

Day 4 - Panama Canal tour

Day 5 - Fly to Valle Escondido, enjoy attractions there

Day 6 - Full day in Valle Escondido

Day 7 - Early flight to Panama City, enjoy Panama City attractions

Day 8 - leave

Please give me your feedback. Thanks

travelus73

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please comment on itinerary

Looks OK - just not a big fan of the Gamboa resort - it is a bit of a hike to anything - you are stuck eating their food - nothing is close( restuarants) - I would stay inside the city and make a day trip there.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please comment on itinerary

And their food is nothing to rave about...I agree with CDY. You will be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

NY
Level Contributor
774 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please comment on itinerary

Thank you CDY and LN for your responses. It looks like Panama City can be a starting point for all my tours. What would be a good central location where a car is not needed and hotels you would recommend.

Do you know if there are 1 day tours to Valle Escondido or is it best to fly there and stay a few nights?

Thanks

travelus73

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please comment on itinerary

Valle Escondido - in Boquete? - it is a small condo development - have styed there - it is nice - Boquete is fine for a couple of days - fly to David - rent a car and drive up to Boquete.

As far as in the city - I am not including casco Viejo - it might be an option - but smaller hotels there.

A good central location in PC - Cangrejo area countless choices- but here are a few

Torres De Alba

Hotel Panama

The Riu - not Cangrejo but close)

Hotel Milan

The Veneto( a Wyndham hotel) - if you like to party

Decapolis - Radisson ( not in Cangrejo but close)

There are many other choices - personally I like Torres De Alba - great location under $150/night and is more like a small apartment with a kitchen

Hotel Milan is a good budget choice

5. Re: Please comment on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:15