We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama Oct 28 -Nov 12

Duvall
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Panama Oct 28 -Nov 12

Need help with plans. We would like to fly to Bocas the day after we arrive an stay for a few days at the La Loma Jungle Lodge. We would then like to travel by boat and bus to David to pick up a rental car and drive to Los Quetzales Lodge for a couple days before drive ing back to Panama City for a few days. Does this seem like a reasonable plan? How busy are hotels this time of year? We like to have flexibility in o urban schedule if we will be able to get accommodations as we go. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
David
David
Chiriqui Province, Panama
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama Oct 28 -Nov 12

Sounds reasonable. I have found that hotels -- especially in Panama City -- can be booked solid during that time of year, except for the very high and the very low ends. Why, I have no idea. But It has happened to me twice in October and November when I needed to make a quick trip to Panama and couldn't find a decent hotel. Bocas is the same way year round. You certainly need to plan and make hotel arrangements ahead of time.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama Oct 28 -Nov 12

There are a number of holidays at that time. That s why things are booked up.

Independence Days. Panama celebrates three independence days. November 3 and 4 are Independence Day and Flag Day and the largest independence celebrations, featuring parades, fireworks, and other entertainment in Panama City and larger cities like David. November 10th is a holiday for the "First Call for Independence," as is November 28th honoring Independence Day from Spain, with some regional festivities -- but nothing matching November 3 and 4.

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
David
David
Chiriqui Province, Panama
3. Re: Panama Oct 28 -Nov 12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:17