We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

the 3 main places i want to visit are Panama City, Boquete & Bocas Islands. I am trying to keep the trip under 3k. I want to see the canal, white water raft. zipline, snorkel, Kayak. With as many days i dont mind taking the bus PC-Boquete-Bocas. Should i check with a travel company to make reservations? Can I just fly to PC and just go with no reservations???

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Boquete
Boquete
Chiriqui Province, Panama
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
44 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

when are you planning to get here?

does the 3 k budget include the tickets?

I would be more than happy to help you with your trip....but I just need a little bit more information....

Eduardo (Panamanian resident)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

Yes thats including Airfare from my home in the U.S. I dont have to stay 21 days but i can take that much time if I need to. I know the bus rides are around 8-10 hours long so I would lose some time to that. I am also considering trying the Hostel for lodging but this also would be new to me. My dates of stay are flexible as well. but trip will be FEB-March. Say, Feb 18th to March 10th for the 21 days or Feb 27- March 14th. I am not a big fan of short vacations so I am leaning more towards the 21 days.

Edited: 06 September 2012, 07:16
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
44 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

Ok......in that case....your biggest saving should come from your lodging choices......because they will be the ones who will really drain your pocket....

you see.....food costs almost the same everywhere and in Panama you can eat very good food for good prices.....

you have chosen very good dates....because you will be here in the middle of the summer. i would recommend the feb 27 through march 14th, because in the middle days of february, the panamanian carnivals take place and it would be almost impossible for you to move around the country because of the festivity....all bus lines get crowded. overall the whole country goes to a stop......jejejeje....we like this party a lot!

i could help you to build up your trip.......but you would have to give me some time...... this is only because you have to consider other options....for instance......bocas del toro.....is one of the most expensive places to go in panama....but not impossible.... a little research should be done....jejeje....i would strongly recommend to make reservations because you are going to be getting here in the middle of the high season....and hotels do get filled up...

i will get back to you with some trip suggestions so you can start building your trip.....

regards...

Eduardo

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

Ok, Keep in mind I can shift the dates around. Thanks for the help & I look forward to hearing from you.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
44 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

dude...i just can´t get the messages through using the chat....dont know why.....just cant......

do you use messenger?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

no msger. Sorry.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

For ALL new users to the t/a: here's a tip: Go to the top of this main forum page. See at the top:

"Read this first: Welcome to the Panama forum!'

by TripAdvisor_Forum_Support

Click on there and peruse the info there - it is excellent and you will learn alot.

Lots of tips on how to navigate the forums; and find alot of useful info on t/a.

Welcome both of you !

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

Thank you.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
44 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

Thank you very mcuh for your help!.....

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 21 days N Panama for a 30 year old first time/ travel alone

So Anyone stayed at any of the hostels in PC, Boquette, or Bocas town area? I am traveling alone and i think these establishments might be a way to meet some people so I wont feel so alone. I would like to hear what the top 3 things to visit/do at each of the locations. I did obtain the MOON Panama travel guide. There is some good stuff in there.

Mentioned in this post
Bocas Town
Bocas Town
Isla Colon, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America