We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Topic
Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

My review is SOLELY on NOLITOURS

this company is terrible

we booked our vacation to Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City on Oct. 30 2012

on nolitours official website this vacation package was advertised as "price guarantee or you will we will refund the difference if you book by Oct 31 2012"

because we are planning on our christmas vacation and the vacation is starting on Dec. 18 2012 and will end on Dec. 25 2012

our vacation is almost all inclusive with direct flight from Vancouver BC to Panama City, Panama

we will stay in Raisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City

we wanted to book earlier, so we can arrange days off and to aviod package being sold out for winter season especially during christmas

so we booked everything on Oct. 30 2012 and we paid $4394.53 CAD (2 adults and 1 4-year-old kid)

today Dec. 1 2012 we saw this SAME package is on sale for $3614.53 CAD (2 adults and 1 4-year-old kid) on expedia.ca

we called Nolitours and they said they cannot do anything about this

they cannot do the price adjustment for us because we are leaving on Dec. 18 2012

they said they will only do price adjustment for us if we are traveling on Dec. 19 2012

BUT the thing is they do not have any flight departing on Dec. 19 2012 for Panama!!!!!

Nolitours said that this was included in the fine prints

now we over paid $781

this is so unacceptable and this is so ridiculous

they are not protecting people who pay earlier, so I guess everyone should just wait for their last minute deals

we can not get anything back now since the date is getting very closed

NOLITOURS is not an reliable company and we will never use this company again

Maryland
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

I feel your $$$ Pain, But sometimes peace of mind Knowing you had your reservations booked at a busy time of year is worth the extra cash. That being said it still hurts. Not surprised, i am starting to think it is the Panamanian way

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,346 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

Nolitours are Canadian - this is not a Panamanian issue.

Ancaster, On
Level Contributor
71 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

This is a common problem with many travel/tour companies with a so called "price protection guarantee". Most of them have some sort of "price protection", but also include lots of terms and conditions to make it tough for the traveller to take advantage of the offer. You really have to be careful and read through all the fine print.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

tweller, do you live in Panama? What do you mean the "Panamanian" way.

Buyer beware is what I say.

tsk tsk tsk, a hard lesson learned.............waiting for last minute deals gives one anxiousness...............go with the rest of tweller's post..........Who knew......

"Knowing you had your reservations booked at a busy time of year is worth the extra cash" and you thought it was a deal when you booked it, didn't you?

Go with that. Hope the rest of your deal with Nolitours goes well.

I would also post what you posted here on the Canada forums................so those in Canada looking to book may be forewarned.

Have a great vacation.

5. Re: Nolitours - AVOID this company rip off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:17