We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Panama Itinerary

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Panama Itinerary

We are leaving this Friday to spend two week mostly to visit with family since my husband is from there. We are pretty much set on where we are going, but not obligated to any specific activity while we are there. We are going with our two kids - ages 3 and 5. Any advise on family friendly activities, including restaurants, would be most appreciated. We are actually still looking for a place to stay in PC to two nights we are there in the beginning. We had a 2 BR at Los Huacas last year. I didn't care for the hotel much but it was nice having an apartment-style room and a king-size bed. Parking was convenient and so was walking to nearby family friendly restaurants (eg Manolos). In Boquete, we will be a group of nine adults and our two kids. In Buenaventura, we will take on two more kids ages 7 and nine and my mother-in-law. Wildlife viewing is always great as long as it doesn't involve getting in a boat or going on a strenuous hike. My 3 year-old loves pizza and my 5 year-old has a thing for cheeseburgers. While in Boquete, we'll probably take a day trip to Playa Hermosa at Boca Chica.

Itinerary

Friday, 4 Jan., arrive in PC at 8:30 pm

Saturday, 5 Jan., in PC

Sunday, 6 Jan., leave for Santiago de Veraguas.

Monday, 7 Jan., Santiago

Tuesday, 8 Jan., Boquete. Staying until Monday, 14 January.

Moday, 14 Jan., back to Santiago

Tuesday, 15 Jan., Buenaventura until Friday, 18 Jan.

Fri, 18 Jan., back home leaving Tocument at 6:30 pm.

Thanks for all your help.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Panama Itinerary

You will be in Boquete during the Coffee and Flower show. It will be very crowded. I don't know where you are staying but consider walking to the fair grounds. There will be lots of vendors selliing their wares and lots of food vendors as well.

No strenuous walking? I was going to say have one of the tour companies in town take you to the Caldera Hot Springs but it's not an easy walk and I don't know what you mean by strenuous.

If you have a car visiting Sitio Barriles is always interesting. I'm not sure the kids would enjoy it however. You can find info on it on wikipedia, which surprisingly has accurate information.

There is a Sicilian who owns a restaurant in Boquete (he's married to a Panamanian) and he's been here 18 years so if your son wants pizza I would go there. It's called La Pianista. In fact the area of Boquete he is in is called that as well.

Hamburgers? There is a place right across from the main square that sells 'American' food. You'll find your hamburger there and the food is pretty good. The name escapes me however at the moment. I think I need more coffee. I wrote a review of it so if I can find it I'll post it on here.

You have a lot of days in Boquete. Are you planning to see Mi Jardin es su Jardin or do a coffee tour? I think the Cafe Ruiz tour is the best but there are four to choose from.

There are a lot of horse backing riding, zip lining tours, ATV tours based out of here. Again there are like four companies in the main town square to price compare them with. They all have reviews on T Advisor.

So many others on here will have tons of hotel suggestions for PC. I have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Amador and we liked it and it has good reviews. Not sure if that is what you are looking for however.

Have fun in Panama.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Panama Itinerary

It's called Restaurant Baru - it has a page on T Advisor and you can read the reviews on that.

If you want a good breakfast place try Olga's. Lots of food and the kids might like the pancakes or french toast. (again there are reviews on T Advisor). Gives you something different than a breakfast from the hotels.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Panama Itinerary

I had the best Panamanian I have had in Panama in Boquete. The place is called El Sabroson. It's a cafeteria style place with lots to choose from and everything was very fresh and very cheap.

4. Re: 2 Weeks in Panama Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:15