We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from PC to david/boquete

uk
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
travel from PC to david/boquete

We are looking at different options to travel from PC to boquete. 1 1/we are unsure about the bus any information welcome on this is it a tough journey do you have to watch luggage

2/we are looking at flying but still waiting for prices etc from the website and unsure about the weight of luggage ours normaly weighs around 17k/35 pounds so would this add to the price?

3/private transfer anyone know of anyone who can do this and how much for 2 people how long is the journey

thank you in advance and any suggestions welcome

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

No order to my answers.

1. Contact Jose@goldenfrog.net to get a price for a shuttle ride from PC to Boquete.

2. Air Panama is having trouble (again) with their website and it's been up and down for the last couple of weeks. Which is better than what was happening when it was charging people five times for their airline tickets. They only publish airfares three months in advance when it is up and running. If your bag is over the weight limit they were charging .80 a pound for every pound over the limit. That can add up quick depending on how much your suitcase weighs.

3. Never known anyone to have trouble with their luggage being taken by someone else via the bus. I wouldn't worry about that (unless someone else posts to the contrary). The bus ride is long and there are express buses you can take but it won't be as fast as the shuttle driver who will just drive you straight to Boquete. The scenary is lovely so either way is a win-win for you. The bus would leave from Albrook and they leave almost once an hour. It's about $20 to get a ticket but it will only go to David and then you either have to catch another local bus, a shuttle or a taxi from David to Boquete.

uk
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

thank you for your information

we will email jose and ask for prices this option will be the easiest for us with luggage and for easy life!!

but just in case do you know how many stops the bus makes? are there toilets on board

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

If you take the overnight bus you can relax and snooze. The buses here are very good (modern and safe), the trip would take about 7 hours and is very inexpensive ($15). Yes, there is a toilet on the express bus. It is air cond very cold, so bring a wrap or jacket.

A private driver is going to cost you mega bucks, but please do post your quote from Jose so it can help other travelers. Thank you.

uk
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

thank you for informtion

I am still waiting for reply re quote

do you know what time the buses leave and from where? how many stops do they make? does the bus company have a website? can you book on the same day/night

i am going to put a question on the forum also but thank you in advance for any information

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,961 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

All these busses leave from the Albrook bus terminal.

I don't think that the bus company has a website.

NYC
Level Contributor
637 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

I took the bus a couple of years back. We got it same day, no booking, but we did have to wait an hour or two, as the first buses were full. The bus will make a number of stops, but just to let passengers on and off.

About half way it does make a stop for a break ... about 30 mins for food and there are toilets. The toilet on the bus was broken and couldn't be used. Bus took a little over 6 hours if memory serves me. On the way back, we flew air panama from david to PC ...... soooo much better!

uk
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

thank you for the advice we are still lokking at our options!!

8. Re: travel from PC to david/boquete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 07:17