We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

Hello!

I've been looking at their website and (I might be being a bit thick!) I can't work out how to get here. I'm going to be relying on buses/ taxis as I'm not hiring a car and I'll be coming from Boquete. Is there anybody with any experience who can help?

Thanks lots x

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

Awwww :-(

Has nobody got any suggestions?! x

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

Have your tried contacting the lodge directly? Checking their website, their location is stated as "in Chiriqui Province." Chiriqui is pretty large. Not knowing where they are, it's kind of hard for anyone to tell you how to get there.

Isla Colon, Panama
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

It's in Chorcha, about a 35 minute drive from David if I'm not mistaken. It's hard to get to by public transportation. Last time I passed by Chorcha on the Interamericana highway I saw the place sign posted (yellow and black). From there, it's about a 15 minute drive if I remember properly on a dirt/mud rode way uphill. I don't think you'll easily be able to get a taxi on the Interamericana highway so you would have to get a taxi from David.

As gb_williams says, contact the lodge directly. I think they do pickups in David. I also know there are several tour operators in Boquete, that provide guided tours over there and can help setting up transportation.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

Thank you for helping me! I will contact them directly, especially about a David pick up. That is a fab idea. :-)

Chorcha, Chiriqui...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

www.alouattasanctuary.org

www.facebook/alouattasanctuary

email = alouatta.sanctuary@gmail.com

or call 507 6236 5336

6. Re: Alouatta Sanctuary and Eco Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:16