We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly in/Bus onward

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fly in/Bus onward

Hello, can anyone help with regard to Panama's entry requirement for a "return or onward ticket": my husband and I wish to fly to Panama City, then travel onward by bus to Costa Rica. We have called both Tica and Expresso bus companies, trying to buy a bus ticket ahead of time, they only sell bus tickets in person at their ticket windows. Is this type of travel plan simply impossible given Panamá's entry requirements?

Thank you!

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly in/Bus onward

I dont think you will have a problem with immigration in Panama, the problem will be with the US airline, it is not a consistent enforcement but many wont let you board unless you can show a return or outward bound ticket.

Look into buying a fully refundable return ticket then cancel it once you arrive in Panama.

In all my trips to Panama i was never asked to show a return ticket, but have on occasion needed to to the airline in the States

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly in/Bus onward

If all else fails you only need to buy a $14 bus ticket at immigration... That satisfies them. However, when we came here no one checked about our exit and we just got the entry stamp at immigration. We have since been to Costa Rica and back to Panama City with similarly no real problem

3. Re: Fly in/Bus onward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:17