We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines and low cost flights

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines and low cost flights

After a little research through mainly Expedia.com, it seems that there are limited airlines operating within the Central - South Americas, like Aeromexico, Copa, LAN, Aeroargentina etc., and their fares are much higher than other international airlines, like those I am used to, in Australia and Asia.

All the US carriers also hub their flights inside the US, so they almost operate no direct flights within the region.

Am I looking at the wrong places, or that's the way it is for that region?

Any advise would be great.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines and low cost flights

Flying between countries in Latin America can be expensive, for example prices between Panama City and Bogota, it is cheaer to fly to either from the States (especially from Florida.)

If you want to fly you are going to have to pay, keep checking the web specials pop up from time to time.

Follow Lan, Avianca and Copa.

You are correct US airlines fly to most countries direct but nothing within the countries.

I do believe Brazil has an internal airline that is oretty cheap, Colombia has several airlines that have cheap internal flights, but nothing going to other countries in the region( that are cheap)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines and low cost flights

Thanks. Wonder how likely do they offer cheaper flights between countries as the date draws closer?

And how reliable and safe are these airlines as I have no experience flying through the region, ever?

Woule you recommend any particular ones over others?

cheers

3. Re: Airlines and low cost flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:19