We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

We'll be traveling Costa Rica for a couple of weeks and then spending a few days on Bocas.

We currently have a NYC-San Jose-NYC flight but still have a chance to change it to NYC-San Jose, then Panama City-NYC.

How much time, hassle and cost is a transfer from the islands to San Jose compare to a transfer from the islands to Panama City.

Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

You CAN either fly from San Jose on Nature Air or from Panama City on Air Panama to Bocas. Or you can take a 10 hour direct bus from Bocas to Panama City or a 6ish hour bus from the Panamanian border to San jose. Not sure about the prices but I think they are around 120 each way for either.

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

I would just fly to Bocas from San Jose. Quick and easy. Current fares should be on Nature Air's site.

San Jose is physically closer to Bocas than Panama City if measured in a straight line as a flight would take. The difference in distance is even more significant by road.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

Thanks for the advice guys. I understand that getting back to SJ is fine, but from further reading, it seems that in mid-December there's a serious chance for cloudy skies and rain in Bocas (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm looking at options on the Pacific side.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,208 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

On the pacific side, rainy season normally ends in December - but the exact date cannot be predicted. (Twp years ago, the rains continued until Christmas.)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

There is no "rainy season" anymore. Nobody can say for sure. It is the 17th of Nov. and I think it has rained two days here in bocas

6. Re: Transfer from Bocas del Tor to Panama City or San Jose (CR)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:17