We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almirante-Panama City

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Almirante-Panama City

Hi,

I was planning to fly from Bocas del Toro to Panama City on the 6th December but apparently there are no flights between those on Fridays... So I am now considering to take a bus from Almirante to David and then a flight to P. City. Are there many buses? The last flight is around 6pm, so the best would be to catch a bus in the morning...

Also, I read somewhere about an alternative way, that would be going by private taxi ($90-100) to David. Does someone know if this is a possible/easy alternative??

Thanks!

Sofia

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Almirante
Almirante
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almirante-Panama City

First of all make sure you are looking up the right airports. I gather there are a few flights that go from Bocas to PTY which is the international airport. All the rest go to Allbrook, PAC, which is the domestic airport. If you are only searching for PTY, their website will not point that out to you. It could be very well that the flights are sold out., but I know there are multiple flights everyday from Bocas to the city.

You can also fly on stand by which is not too difficult because the airport in right in town which is about a 5 minute walk from main street. Buses go to David from Almirante every 30 minutes. It takes 4 hours and costs 9 dollars. If you really want to take a taxi you can find someone in Almirante to do it for around 100.

Edited: 21 November 2013, 15:11
Mentioned in this post
Almirante
Almirante
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almirante-Panama City

Where/how do you find the flights that are available? I've gone to Kayak.com and I'm not getting any flights showing for PAC to BOC.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 00:28
The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almirante-Panama City

I've searched several combinations of dates and no flights at all are showing.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
19,845 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almirante-Panama City

Have you tried Air Panama's website ?

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almirante-Panama City

No. Just Kayak. com

Headed over to AirPanama Thanks!

6. Re: Almirante-Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:16