We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in Panama

High Point, NC
11 posts
Save Topic
8 days in Panama

I am taking my husband to Panama in March to celebrate his birthday. He has always wanted to see the Panama Canal and learn how it works. We will be in Panama City for 4 days, Bocas Del Toro for 1 day and Red Frog Beach for 3 days. I would love some help from Destination Experts on San Blas Day trip. Should we use 1 day in Panama City to do this trip. It looks beautiful. We will probably not ever make it back to Panama. Thank you so very much for your help with this decision.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days in Panama

Hi there!

I can help you as I am been in San Blas more than 40 times since 2007 and always on the same family islands which are now my friends or "seconf family" in Panama I will be there next weekend by the way for a fishing trip :-) Yes, day trip are now possible because the road as improved since 2010 with departure 5.30am from your hotel, arrival at the "port" around 9.30am. Then, the Kuna will bring you to the islands. (30-45 minutes transportation depending the islands). They will offer you lunch and a tour in the afternoon. You will be leaving the island around 3pm to be back at the port before 4pm where the driver will be waiting for you. Appox. arrival time in your hotel in Panama-City: 7pm.

I would still suggest you one night there to relax but your agenda looks very busy :-)

Send me a MP if you want contacts or links... as we are not allowed to post them on the forum.

Best regards.

2. Re: 8 days in Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 07:16