We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto armuelles hotel

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto armuelles hotel

hi,

We will be traveling by bus from bocas to punta burica (to stay at tiger selvaje or mono feliz) but need to break up the trip. Hoping to make it as far as puerto armuelles in one day, but having trouble finding accommodation.

Can anyone recommend a place with the usual: safe, clean, and cheap...and suitable for a family of four in puerto armuelles?

I am open to other suggestions about what town to overnight in, I welcome your input.

Thanks in advance.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto armuelles hotel

Puerto Armuelles must only bbe about an hour from your destination - why break there.

If you do want to break the journey, do you still want somewhere by the sea ? Why not consider somewhere in the mountains for a change ?

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto armuelles hotel

I would prefer not to break the journey....if we leave no case very early is it possible to make it in one day?

Can we get a bus from Almirante to puerto armuelles or will we have to connect in David?

From puerto armuelles we take a truck to Bella vista which I read takes 1.5 hours.

Also that last 4 miles of hiking in to tigre selvaje has to be done with plenty of daylight to spare.

Doable in a day? Note that we are traveling with kids, aged 11 and 14. They probably have more stamina than we do.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto armuelles hotel

On the logistics, you need to get some advice from some-one who has done that. Perhaps private message those who have reviews.

(I hadn't realised about that long walk.)

Have you see this - https:/…bocas-to-punta-burica

4. Re: Puerto armuelles hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16