We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to San Cristobal, Bocas Del Toro

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to San Cristobal, Bocas Del Toro

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can take a boat from the mainland of Panama that brings you directly to San Cristobal, Bocas del Toro? I would also really like to know if we can leave our car in Almirante (or some place close) and take a boat from there.

I hope someone can help me out!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to San Cristobal, Bocas Del Toro

There are a few parking lots near the water taxi in Almirante where you can park a car. The water taxi goes directly to Bocas Town.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to San Cristobal, Bocas Del Toro

You probably can find someone to take you but the cost and safety would be a problem. a water taxi from Isla Colon to Cristobal is obly around 10 minutes and much cheaper than hiring a private boat from Almirante. There is a secure parking lot right in front of Bocas Marine Tours which is one of tge water taxis from the mainland.

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to San Cristobal, Bocas Del Toro

As geo suggeted, water taxi to Bocas from Almirante and then go to the water taxi docks in Bocas and arrange a private launcha to San Crisitobal.

I assume you are visiting someone or have made lodging arrangements on Cristibol? You will need to know where to direct the launcha driver as there is no town or main public dock on Cristonal.

Almirante is a dump, but I've parked in the lots there several times for extended periods (up to two weeks) with no problems.

Edited: 01 September 2014, 13:34
4. Re: Travel to San Cristobal, Bocas Del Toro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:16