We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Recommendations

San Diego
1 post
Save Topic
Car Rental Recommendations

Hi There,

We arrive in Panama on the 17th, will be based out of a hotel for a few days while we visit la ciudad, and then we head to San Carlos for about a week and then up to Isla Grande area until we have to head back.

Is there any company, besides the obvious airport companies, who have a fair price on say a minivan? Also, do these companies also rent out child car seats for 1-3 year-olds.

My other option, since we only have a few travel days (the rest are beach days), is to find a way to get the whole flock of us (6) to our destinations and then use local taxis/buses to get around.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Recommendations

You can try Barriga rent-a-car, a local company, I'm not sure about minivans or carseats though, but I'm sure they have SUV's. The usual airport companies have fair prices if you make your reservations through the internet in advance, much better than the rates you'll get directly down there.

2. Re: Car Rental Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 09:18