We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

I know that banks and government offices are closed during Carnival in Panama City. Are the handicraft markets - the YMCA and the Kuna market -open? Are there any restaurants open?

Thank you!

Wyoming USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

I was in PC during the last carnival, all I can tell you is this: no problem getting a meal, groceries or shopping at the malls. Central downtown PC was like a Ghost Town during Carnival every ting was closed. In fact I saw a Lamborghini doing at least 150 mph on the empty streets! I had no idea carnival was the entire country, every town was booked up solid for carnival so it made moving about the entire country difficult.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

Hairtrigger, you sound like a contradiction: "no problem getting a meal, groceries or shopping at the malls" and then you say ". "Central downtown PC was like a Ghost Town during Carnival every ting was closed" Which is it? Pls. advise what you mean. Thanks.

Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

are the handicraft markets open?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

The bars and emergency rooms are open.

Wyoming USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

Everyone simply moves out of downtown area and joins the action at carnival out on Transistmica Boulevard....plenty of excellent food and drink at carnival.

6. Re: What's open in Panama City during Carnival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 05:26