We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about LAcsa airlines

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
865 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
question about LAcsa airlines

Hello. I could fly direct to Panama city with American Airlines, or for about 50 dollars less I could stop in San Salvador with Lacsa airlines. Is Lacsa airlines reliable? Would you just pay the extra 50 bucks to avoid the hastle? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about LAcsa airlines

I would pay $100 more if it avoided flying American through Miami!!!!!

Lacsa is a part of TACA and I find TACA/Lacsa one of the better airlines for the region - usually on-time and half decent in flight service. As long as your layover in San Salvador isn't too long - the airport there isn't anything flash but there's a couple of place to grab a bite and a beer.

Cheers,

Andrew

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about LAcsa airlines

I second Andrew's advice, avoid AA out of Miami especially thier last flight of the day, have been told by AA personnel that they never have enough people and never enough parts if something breaks, so if there is a problem you can count on a cancelled flight, Been there, done that don't want to do it again, I am sticking with Copa(or Lacsa)

3. Re: question about LAcsa airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 11:19