We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama with Caravan Tours

NYC
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Panama with Caravan Tours

Just received the Caravan 2010 Central America Brochure and the trip to Panama interests me. Has anyone taken this trip? If you did were there very long days of bus riding?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

I am hoping to hear on this as well. I think it must be a new trip that they have added, so there may not be as many responses. I went on the Costa Rica tour in 2008 and loved it. I was thinking of the Guatemala tour, but it looks like the bus tour are too long for my liking.

Washington
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

I think the Panama Caravan tour is a great deal. Unfortunately we have already booked a tour elsewhere before we got the brochure. But with it being all-inclusive, Caravan has our tour beat hands down! Don't hesitate to book with them.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
63 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

We did the Copper Canyon with Caravan a few years back (before the major drug wars) and thought it was great. We have just booked this one for Feb.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

My fahter and I - having already done Guatemala and Costa Rica- are thinking seriously about Panama in 2010.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

I've done the Costa Rica and Guatemala tours with Caravan and thought they were top-notch. The Panama tour is new for 2010 - after lots of guests requested Panama! I will be going taking the Panama tour in March.

Los Angeles
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

Is there a website for this company?

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

Yes: http://www.caravan.com/

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

We are taking the Caravan tour in March. We went to Costa Rica with Caravan and loved the trip. The tour guide was great and the trip was interesting and well-organized.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has done the Panama trip with Caravan.

CarolA5501
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

Any more information on this?

My mother and I are thinking of this for oru Christmas trip in 2010.

We did Costa Rica and really had no major complaints.

Just looking at the distances involved I wouldn't think the bus rides would be too long. Guess road conditions would be a factor?

CarolA5501
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Panama with Caravan Tours

Too late to edit my post above...

I just went and looked. Since the tour doesn't start until 2010 I guess there are no reveiws yet!

SORRY!