We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours from Panama City

Seattle
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
tours from Panama City

I will be going to Panama for my 2nd time. I will be in Panama City for two days and want some ideas on very interesting things to do. I have already done the typical tour sites in my last trip, including the Embarra people. I am looking for other ideas and adventures for day trips from Panama City.

Barefoot Panama
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Panama Day Trips- Canal Eco Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Rudy's Panama Private Guided Tours & Transfers
City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Easy Travel Panama
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours from Panama City

Have you visited Isla Barro Colorado, the Smithsonian Research facility. They allow a limited number of visitors each day. Book ASAP if you want to visit.

We loved a half day peacock fishing on Gatun Lake. We saw wild life, the big tankers passing by and the fishing in the AM was great.

Or you could go out to one of the beach resorts for the day.

Atlanta Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tours from Panama City

A day trip to Isla Taboga is fun. As of two years ago, the island was reached via a passenger ferry departing from a pier on the Amador Causway (cost $12.00 round trip). The departure pier may be in a different location now. The island is about 12 miles out in Panama Bay. You can enjoy a nice day at the beach. A pleasant lunch is available at Hotel Vereda.

A better, but more expensive, beach option would be a trip to the Pearl Islands. These island are best accessed by a short 20 minute flight out of Albrook Airport. Isla Contadora has nice beachs, snorkeling, restaurants, hotels, etc. The Pearl Islands could be done as a day trip, but overnight would allow for a more relaxed experience. You could hire a boat to take you to some of the better remote beachs.

Please post a trip report at the conclusion of your trip. I would love to hear about your experience. My wife and I will be returning to Panama in January/Feb., and also hope to make some day trips out of Panama City.

Have a great trip.

Robert H.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tours from Panama City

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

As regards to Barro Colorado, I have tried to make a reservation but they are completely booked for the 3rd week of January and I will only be in Panama for this week.

As regards to the beach ideas, I will be returning from Bocas del Toro so I will have had my "beach" quota.

I am looking for intereesting eco tours and experiences from Panana City. I have one day to spare and I want to make it as interesting as possible. What do you think about Gamboa?

Any ideas would be greatly appreacited.

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours from Panama City

Josh, make your xtra day a Saturday and do the canal, you can actually hop a boat and do a passage of the whole canal but only on Saturdaze.

5. Re: tours from Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 05:18