We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Panama for 10 days need help planning trip!

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Going to Panama for 10 days need help planning trip!

Going to Panama with friends looking for adventure, relaxing, and partying.

Plan is to arrive in PC on wed night, stay in hostel, go out for nightlife.

Stay in PC thurs, Take bus to David at midnight.

Go white water rafting in Boquete/Chirique on Friday.

Thinking of hot springs in Caldera but heard its only 2 ft deep. (Is it still worth going to?)

Hiking Volcan Baru Saturday. (Is that worth doing? can we go up without guide?)

Leave to Bocas del toro on Sunday. Fly back to PC on Thurs night. Leave home on Saturday.

Is there any must sees that I can fit around this itinerary? Should I change something?

Isla Bastimentos
Level Contributor
421 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Panama for 10 days need help planning trip!

Hey Lego, the last time I was at the Springs in Caldera, it was quite low and there was a guy at the gate charging for guide fees, but they've had a lot of rain up there lately so who knows. We usually stay at Pension Topaz, the one on the river in Boquete, nice but inexpensive. The zip line tour in Boquete is a hoot. If you're surfing, a side trip to Catalina on the Pacific side is worth checking out. Bocas has the best nite life in Panama for younger people, and the day time life ain't bad either. Most of the kewl beaches are on Isla Bastimentos, Wizards, Red Frog,Polo, Playa Larga, Old Point and Crawl Cay are not to be missed, save money for a boat tour which will be the highlite of your whole trip. Hostals in Bocas include Mondo Taitu, Big Kahuna, Heike and Hostal Bastimentos, my fav. You can hike to Wizards Beach and Red Frog Beach from from Hostal Bastimentos.Have a great trip!

2. Re: Going to Panama for 10 days need help planning trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 06:15