We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destiny Tower

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Destiny Tower

We are looking to rent an Apt in the Destiny Tower. What is the area like? Are there restaurants close? Is it safe with our 2 small children? Is the actual building nice? Any information would be great! Thanks

Panama, Rep de...
Level Contributor
261 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destiny Tower

during the day, OK. Dont want to scare you but you have to be careful at night, this is an area being reclaimed, and there are many newer buildings among some older buildings. Too close to the Calidonia and Marañon areas (older popular neighborhoods). Some restaurants close by, long walks to the Bella Vista area or the Casco Viejo where many more restaurants are. I have not been to this building, but make sure your expectations are met before you come. Some times new buildings like this one are not quite as they show them in the brochure or internet sites, gyms might not be equipped, and things like that. Ask the owner about the status of the finishes in the building, specifically what is pending to be done. It may or may not be important to you.

on the other side, there should be plenty of transportation around at any time of the day or night, Av Balboa is a busy avenue. Its location is great as far as getting to places, very easy access anywhere.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destiny Tower

I believe Destiny tower is towards the end of Cinta Costera ( balboa ave) towards the fish market - a little isolated - as the above poster points out behind it is Caladonia - which is OK during the day but a little sketchy at night, it is a bit of a hike to anything also - I would look more in Cangrejo or Bella Vista - better area and easier to walk to things.

The building itself is safe - but if it your first time there I would look for a little better location - unless you are getting a great deal.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Destiny Tower

Thank you both! We have been to Panama many times and always stay at Hotel Panama. We now have 2 little kids and I am trying to book a VRBO, as it seems more doable with them. It is really hard for me to tell on the maps where everything is. We love the area by El Panama, but this seems to be farther into Caledonia. I'll keep looking.

There is one in Punta Patillia, specifically on Ramon Jurado. Any ideas about this area?

Another one in San Francisco, but that seems far away from things.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Destiny Tower

I also have found Bayfront Tower on Balboa and Costa del Este - are all the ones on Balboa similar to how you described Destiny, or are any of these towers farther from Caledonia?

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destiny Tower

No some are closer in, they are in front of Bella Vista are a better location,

not sure which one is Bayfront Tower but if it is close to the Intercontinental or Calle Uruguay it will be fine.

Paitilla is a good location, san fransisco will need a cab to go anywhere, safe area though.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Destiny Tower

With children I would stay at either grand bay tower or bay front tower. Close to more shopping pharmacy parks one behind Los delphines tower and also cinta costera park. They both have small pools and great views. Our little ones like to go the baskin Robbins on avenida balboa and the chuck e. Cheese type place in the extreme planet building. Also a plus it is within walking distance of great restaurants near calle Uruguay. Try 4rentpanama.com or panamarentalsolutions.com

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destiny Tower

Destiny is a nice building with great social area and gym, squash court but it isn't close to anything other than a "local" restaurant right next door - there are a few other restaurants but they are a few blocks away. You are right on the Cinta Costera or Coastal Beltway so traffic is busy - but there is a park right opposite and traffic light controlled crosswalk. (My wife manages 2 - 1 bedroom apartments in the building)...

Bayfront and Grandbay are also both on the Cinta but much closer to "the action" - a lot more restaurants are within a block or two, there is the Multicentro Mall, Bennigans complex with bowling, arcade and cinema close by too.

You could check out www.flipkey.com, www.panamapremierrentals.com and www.panamastays.com as well as VRBO.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

8. Re: Destiny Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2011, 05:16