We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major Streets in Panama City, Panama/Day Spas

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forestville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Major Streets in Panama City, Panama/Day Spas

I'm trying to get myself orientated on a map of Panama City, so that I can book my accommodations in the downtown area within walking distance of shops, restaurants, spas.

Could you please tell me the boundaries/streets of the downtown core?

Also, if you are aware of any day spas in e hotels or near to hotels in this downtown core, please do tell.

Thanks,

Spa

Panama, Rep de...
Level Contributor
261 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Major Streets in Panama City, Panama/Day Spas

Yeah, this is a tough one.

I dont think there is much agreement on what exactly is the center of Panama City. For some, Casco Antiguo - which would be from Plaza Herrera to Las Bovedas.

For others the larger area bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the South defined by Av. Balboa to Av. Cincuentenario to the East; to Av Ernesto T Lefevre (Calle 85) that continues with the name of Av. 12 de Octubre. to Via Simon Bolivar (Av Transistmica) to Av. Federico Boyd back to Av Balboa. Within this large group there are several neighborhoods that have their own sectors. Obarrio, El Cangrejo, San Francisco, Punta Paitilla, Bella Vista, Punta Pacifica, and others.

The residential areas of Bethania/Los Angeles/Villa Caceres could be a separate area.

Then we have the suburbs in Via Tocumen, Costa del Este.

Forestville...
Level Contributor
160 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Major Streets in Panama City, Panama/Day Spas

I would like to find an area like Lower Manhattan. Very hip, walk out to restaurants, yoga classes etc.

I am not looking for the expensive area (not Beverly Hills type), I am more looking for something a little laid back-middle class SOHOisc.

Which area would you say that is, and what streets border that area?

3. Re: Major Streets in Panama City, Panama/Day Spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 05:18