We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panama tours

Roseburg, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
panama tours

Has anyone gone on tours with Adventures in Panama (aka "Panama Pete", Extreme Adventures)? He sounds great over the phone and his tours look wonderful, but the Adventuras Panamas website (competing tour operator) has some horrible things to say about how he does business. Has anyone gone rafting with Adventuras Panamas? How is rafting on the Mamoni river?

Barefoot Panama
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Panama Day Trips- Canal Eco Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Rudy's Panama Private Guided Tours & Transfers
City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Easy Travel Panama
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: panama tours

I've never heard of Adventures in Panama before, but I must say that they're website looks impressive. I do know Aventuras Panama (Javier Romero) and have been white water rafting in the Chiriqui Viejo river with them. They're trustworthy. Rafting is best at Chiriqui Viejo, which you could do if you consider a trip to the Chiriqui highlands during your stay (Boquete, etc.). Mamoni is closer to Panama City. It all depends on the rains, season, etc. Talk to Javier and he'll give you a good insight on rafting in Panama.

2. Re: panama tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2006, 21:38
3. Re: panama tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2006, 15:12
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: panama tours

Did you ever find out more information about Adventures IN Panama ??? I've been in touch with them by email and was just about ready to book a 2+ week vacation and extension to Darien. The competing travel agent I've been in touch with doesn't know anything at all about the group ...

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: panama tours

I'm working with Panama Pete, Extreme Adventures in Panama and planning a trip for early next year. He/they seem very responsive, helpful and have provided a number of very good suggestions for a 'custom vacation'. Did you book a trip with them? was everything ok?

Andover, MA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: panama tours

I have also booked a trip with Panama Pete or the end of January. I didn't read the negative information by Adventuras Panama until today. but I would like to know if any of the people have actually gone on one of their trips. A thread on cruise critic did have good things to say about Adventures in Panama.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: panama tours

Before booking our trip with Adventures in Panama I contacted and received quotes, tours, rates, etc., with about 4 competing groups. "Panama Pete" was the most reasonable, knowledgable and honest group I worked with. Many of the other, un-named, groups had very bad things to say about any and all their competitors. I feel comfortable with the arrangments we've made, but then I haven't gone on the trip yet... If anyone out there can add to this it would be great... I must say that overall, it appears the most highly respected group in Panama would have to be Ancon - but if you don't fit into their pre-designed trips or package deals, they will not do anything for you.

and sorry, haven't looked into rafting yet.

thanks,

US
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: panama tours

Pushing this back to the top. We are planning a trip and looking into Panama Pete's adventures. I'd be interested if anyone has any experience. Thanks!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: panama tours

I would definitely listen to the reviews and not book with someone that does not have a great reputation to avoid being ripped off. Why not book with a reliable tour company? We used the following company in Panama and only have wonderful things to say about them. professional, reliable, flexible if you need to change your tours, etc. Been in business a long time, and are to be trusted:

Panoramic Panama

www.panoramicpanama.com

Tel. 314-1417 Fax. 314-1604

Have fun.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: panama tours

Trying to find a deal, and "reasonable" is no good unless the company can follow through. You don't want to take any chances on ruining your trip - book with someone reliable.