We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let a car in Panama

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arvida
Level Contributor
156 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Let a car in Panama

Hi,

i'm planning a road trip from Canada to Panama with my old car (value : maximum 1000$). I want to let the car there and fly back home.

First of all : the border crossing from Costa Rica, is it complicated? Wich type of documentation I will have to show (photocopies)?

What are the issues for the car? can I sell it or it's too complicated? Can I put it at the scrap? Or can I just let it in the airport parking?

thanx

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Let a car in Panama

You should really research this one closely.

When I entered Panama with vehicle (in 1975 and again in 1980) on my way to Colombia, the vehicle was registered in my passport and again stamped out upon shipping it south out of the country.

Check with the Panama consul nearest you first.

Maybe some of the expats living there could comment on this one???

2. Re: Let a car in Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:16