We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from PC to david

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
bus from PC to david

where would i find a schedule? i'm going to be there solo for a couple weeks so i thought of taking a day bus to david and flying back to pc?

thanks,

ray

s.f., ca

Las Lajas, Panama
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from PC to david

Try here:

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/pa/index.php

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from PC to david

Thanks.

Is the bus worth taking from a scenic point? Im by myself so flying wouldn't be that much of a putout $$wise. Also it seems the distance between PC &David is only about 370km but the say byses take 7hrs which seems slow.

Thanks for any insights you mught have,

Ray

S.F., CA

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from PC to david

go to Sector Norte to Padafront Booth, Sector Norte of station, Booth 28B. they will aask you for a card to go to the bus but you can give the 5cents it cost to the person on the gate Albrook Mall does not open until 1000 but there is a small supermarket within the bus station.

Main bags go underneath the bus (get blue or yellow ticket for your bag that must be shown to reclaim bag on arrival in David).

Bus leaves. Toilet on bus just number 1. Sometimesif you don{t like loud action movies bring your headset. Journey is a long one. Takes 3 1/2 hrs to Santiago, then 3 hours more from Santiago to David. Lunch stop is generally about 30mins. In Santiago. There is a buffet, a small supermarket or a bread shop it deppend where you stop can be piramidal or los tucanes but both places are fine long lines so i recomend to bring snacks in case there are hundres of people and run out of time.

Byron

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from PC to david

Btw the scenario is not the best some new lots for houses, some sugar cane etc the road from David to Almirante Is way much better trough the rain forrest, just to give you ann idea

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from PC to david

It is a bus on a highway.........small towns are passed.....imagine traveling on a thruway in America - not scenic; but cheap and the quickest way besides flying.

The buses are like Greyhound buses in the states.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
71 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from PC to david

I did this about a month ago. I agree, the ride is not really that scenic.

I've never taken a Greyhound bus, but the bus to David was nicer than I'd imagine Greyhound to be. It was air conditioned (a bit cold actually) and the seats were really comfortable. Panamanian music the whole way, though!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from PC to david

Make sure you get an express!

8. Re: bus from PC to david

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:16