We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help!

J S
Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I need help!

I left my phone at the hotel I was staying at in Panama city, and I've phoned them and they said that they have my phone. How much would it cost to get the phone shipped back to Canada (Alberta) from Panama city?

The phone has a password so it's pretty much useless to anyone else, but I have all of my Panama pictures and some of my school work stored on it, so I really want the phone back.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,446 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help!

I would call an international courier company in your Edmonton office (such as DHL, FedEx or UPS). Explain the situation and ask for advice. You may be able to organize the pickup and the payments from 'home' rather than expecting the hotel to pay and organize for you. The driver would need to bring the appropriate packaging for the hotel to put your cell phone into.

You will need to ask the person in Panama to list it as a personal phone returned, as there may be duty and customs issues.

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
352 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help!

Send me a private message?

I'm going back to the states next week, so maybe we can arrange something where I can get the phone, carry it back to the USA, and then send it along to you via USPS.

Or perhaps there's another person visiting from Canada that could carry it back to Canada and then send it along to you?

Sound like a plan?

J S
Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help!

Thanks everyone, it all got figured out! Someone is bringing it back. Cheers!

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
352 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need help!

The suspense was killing me... :-)

A couple years ago, I carried someones cell phone all the way to Basel, Switzerland when they left it behind at the airport ticket counter. Took two weeks to catch up to them as they were traveling through Spain, and I through France. We finally caught up to each other in Zurich...

Edited: 05 January 2013, 23:57
5. Re: I need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 05:18