We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

Sherwood Park
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

I have read all the postings on car rentals in Panama, especially the difference between original quote and what happens at the rental outlet. We wanted to rent for three days in March to visit El Valle and area returning to Gelabert Airport for a flight to Bocas. I checked various sites and found vague and varied prices. Most of them do not show CDW etc. However vipcars.com gives a quote which is inclusive of everything. $86.52 for Hyundai Accent for three days. Is this a case of "If it sounds to good it usually is" Has anyone used this site?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,339 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

I will be interested to hear how that turns out.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

It sounds too good to be true to me. Read the small print and YES if it ends up being true, please share with us,. Thank you

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

Maybe just maybe possible, since not renting at PTY, but if I had to bet - it will be more by about $40

Let us know the outcome if you do it, i have booked on line before only to find out the local company will not honor the price if it is low, i always figure with taxes and insurance it will be around$45 a day no matter how chep the inital rate is- and that is for the chepest car , a Yaris for example

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,339 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

A Yaris isn't cheapest - the Kia Picantos are cheaper !

5. Re: Car rental from Gelabert Airport using vipcars.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:17