We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this sound reasonable?

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Does this sound reasonable?

My husband & I will be in Panama city before/after our week in Boquete. Wondering if this rough itinerary of our time in Panama City sounds reasonable? Any suggestions??

Saturday - We arrive in the early afternoon and are staying in Casco Viejo. Thinking of just exploring that area in the late afternoon/evening. It's walkable, right?

Sunday - Keeping in mind that we need to be at the airport (PAC) by 16:00. Half day trip to Mirasflores. How much time should we plan for our trip there? Would we also have time to visit the Causeway during that time?

Following sunday - Visit to fish market early morning. Need to be at airport (international) by 12:50. Not sure where we are staying yet the night before.

Thanks for your suggestions!! I find these forums so helpful!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this sound reasonable?

That alls sounds fine to me.

Casco Viejo - yes, it is walkable.

Miraflores - you can spend one hour or three hours there depending on how it takes you and whether there are ships passing through at the time.

When do you get back in the following Saturday ? Perhaps visit the causeway then ?

Edited: 06 February 2013, 15:15
Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this sound reasonable?

The fish market is walkable from Casco Viejo so do that on your first leg. Make it your first stop on Saturday as it closes early. The walk is along the water after passing the presidential estate. quite nice. All of Casco Viejo is very walkable, driving is the problem.

Panama
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this sound reasonable?

As a general rule of thumb, there are ships before 10am and after 2pm. It can vary though. Yesterday, the first afternoon boat was at 3:00.

Sometimes, the Panama Canal posts the transit times on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/canaldepanama

You can also call ahead and ask if there are any boats: 272-7677

I would go to the Causeway for lunch, to Miraflores around 1:30 and leave at 3:00 to have plenty of time to make it to the domestic airport by 4:00.

4. Re: Does this sound reasonable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:17